The world has many followers of the Rudraksha bead. And why not, after all, this highly spiritual bead is a treasure trove of many benefits. These beads are typically tied together as a mala or as a string of beads. Scientifically, it is believed that the number of beads that should be strung into the mala should be 108 plus one additional bead. This additional bead represents the bindu. This bindu has a special significance; it ensures that the energy generated by the Rudraksha does not become cyclic. This cycle of energy can cause dizziness in sensitive people.
What is Rudrakhsa?
A rudraksha is the seed of the Elaeocarpus ganitrus tree and plays an important role in a spiritual seeker’s life. Sadhguru looks at the various types of these beads and their benefits, including the panchmukhi and ek Mukhi.
Which Rudraksha Should You Wear?
The number of faces a bead can have varies from a single face up to 21 faces. They are used for different purposes, so it would be improper to just buy something in the shop and put it on the body. Wearing the wrong type could disturb one’s life. A lot of people want to wear an ek Mukhi, which has only one face because it is very powerful. You yourself have many faces. When you have many faces, if you wear an ek Mukhi, you are asking for trouble.
Five-faced beads or panchmukhi is safe and good for everyone – man, woman and child.
Benefits of Wearing A Rudraksha
1. The Rudraksha bead acts like a protective guard that safeguards its wearer from negative energies.
2. If you are a person who is always on the go, this bead is ideal for you. Because it provides you with stability and good support by creating a protective covering all around you.
3. The Rudraksha bead also aids in identifying if the food or water that we are about to consume is pure or not. Pour water over a Rudraksha, if it moves in the clockwise direction, the water is pure and recommended for consumption. But, if it moves in the anti-clockwise direction then it isn’t safe for consumption. Same is the case with food items. Hold the Rudraksha bead above positively-enriched food and the bead will move in the clockwise direction but if you hold it hold over negatively-enriched food, it will move in the anti-clockwise direction.
4. A one mukhi Rudraksha is extremely powerful and generates feelings of isolation in his wearer. So wear it under the expert guidance of a specialist.
5. A five mukhi Rudraksha is safe and worn by most natives across age groups, gender etc. Known to bring calmness, this Rudraksha lowers blood pressure and calms down the nervous system.
6. It also makes his wearer agile and extremely alert and active.
7. For children, the Rudraksha bead can increase their focus and concentration.
8. Purity of life, in general, happens by wearing the Rudraksha bead.
9. The Rudraksha bead is extensively used while doing meditation or reciting prayers.
10. The bead is also extremely effective in getting relief from skin related disorders. Problems such itching, skin irritations, wounds can be addressed with the help of Rudraksha beads. Place the bead in a copper pot filled with water overnight. Next morning, drink a glass of water from the same pot on an empty stomach. Alternatively, you can also apply a paste of a nine much Rudraksha and Tulsi on wounds and skin injuries.
11. Mix the powder of this powerfully blessed bead with mustard oil and use it to treat all joint related ailments.
12. A mixture containing the powder from a Rudraksha bead, Tulsi, and honey is extremely effective in treating cold and cough.